Updating your records
All sponsors should ensure their records are kept up to date, but here is a three-point reminder for you.
At least once a year, you should ensure that you ask to see all non-EEA workers passports and visas/BRP cards. Please check these are valid and photocopy them (passport outer cover and details page and both sides of the BRP card (or visa in their passport if they still do not have a BRP card). Then sign and date the photocopies and place on their personnel file.
Check to see if any sponsored workers’ roles or salaries/working hours have changed or if they are no longer working for you. If so please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can update the SMS for you or advise you if the change is so significant that a new visa may be required. Remember, sponsored workers can only carry out the work stated on their CoS.
Please let us know as soon as possible if:
- your office address is changing.
- sponsored staff are changing their work address (eg: those working at client sites).
- your Authorising Officer is leaving or going on maternity leave.
- your business has changed its name.
- your business has been acquired.
- your business has acquired another business.