Our Guidance On UK Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme Visas
Originally called UK Holiday-maker visas, this scheme allows citizens of certain countries which have reciprocal agreements with the UK to come to the UK to experience life here, and to work and travel here for a period of two years. Applicants must be aged between 18 and 30 and show they have at least £2,530 in savings over and above their general expenditure.
The countries participating in the scheme are: Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, japan, Monaco, New Zealand, Republic of Korea, San Marino and Taiwan.
Youth Mobility Visas
The Youth Mobility Visa is aimed at young people aged 18-30, from a selected list of countries who are seeking the experience of living and working in the UK temporarily.
To qualify for the visa, you must:
- Be aged 18-30
- Have funds of at least £2,530
- Have had the money available for at least 28 days in a row. Day 28 must be within 31 days of applying for this visa
- Be able to pay the healthcare surcharge as part of your application
- You must be a British overseas citizen or
- be a British Overseas Territories citizen or
- be a British national (overseas)
Or be a national of:
- New Zealand
- San Marino
Or you must be selected from the Youth Mobility Scheme ballot before you can apply if you are from:
- Hong Kong
- South Korea
- Study – for some courses you will need an Academic Technology Approval Scheme certificate
- Work in almost any time of employment
- Be self-employed and set up a company if your premises are not owned by you and your equipment is not worth more than £5,000
- Work as a doctor or dentist in training if you can show you qualified in the UK
- Extend your stay
- Access public funds
- Have children under eighteen who you are financially responsible for, or who live with you
- Have previously travelled to the UK through the scheme, or the old working holiday visa (now closed)
- Bring family members with you
- Work as a professional sportsperson (for example as a coach).
Length Of Stay:
For this visa you are granted two years of stay, however if you are an Australian or New Zealand national, from 2024, you are eligible for three years of stay.
For nationals of Australia and New Zealand, applicants up to the age of thirty-five will be eligible to apply come 2024.
This route does not lead to Settlement within the UK.
When To Apply:
The earliest you can apply is up to three months before you travel. You will need to prove your identity and documents. Allow extra time if you need to make an appointment to do this.
If you require further assistance on this visa or any other, get in touch on 01403 582 340 or send us an email at [email protected] to talk to one of our friendly experts.