The Service Providers from Switzerland Visa offers a specific pathway for Swiss companies and their employees to engage in contractual work in the UK. However, it comes with several limitations, including the inability to bring dependents and a maximum 90-day work period per calendar year.
This visa is particularly relevant for contracts that were signed and initiated before 11 p.m. on December 31, 2020. It allows both employed and self-employed Swiss nationals to provide services in the UK for a limited period, subject to certain conditions.
To apply for this route, it is mandatory to provide evidence that you meet the following requirements.
- You must be employed by a company based in Switzerland, regardless of your nationality.
- If you are Swiss, you must be self-employed and based in Switzerland.
- The age requirement is a minimum of 18 years.
- Your visa duration will be determined by the end date of your work contract with your Swiss employer (if you are on a fixed-term contract), the end date of your contract to work in the UK, or the day before your right to live in Switzerland expires if you are a non-EEA citizen or a Croatian national.
- It's your employer's responsibility to make sure that you and any other staff members don't exceed the 90-day limit. If you're self-employed, then it's up to you to keep track of your stay.
Remember our advisors at UK Visas can ensure that you meet all the requirements before applying for the route.
If your visa expires and you still need to provide services in the UK, you can re-apply for another Swiss Service Providers visa if you meet the criteria. You cannot re-apply if the work contract itself has expired.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much will the process cost?
Great news! You won't have to worry about any application fees or immigration health surcharges under this route. Say goodbye to unnecessary expenses and hello to a stress-free process!
What am I allowed to do with this Visa?
If you're not a UK resident, there are some things you should know about what you can and can't do.
- You're allowed to offer services in the UK, but only for up to 90 days each year and only on the specific contract(s) you've agreed to.
- You're also free to come and go from the UK as often as you like during your visa's duration.
Can you apply for Settled Status with this visa?
Unfortunately, the answer is no. Temporary Work visas do not provide a direct pathway to settled status.
We hope this information has been insightful and has addressed some of your queries. If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to us.
Why choose UK Visas?
When considering travel to the UK, it's important to understand the restrictions and requirements for non-UK residents. However, there are many reasons why someone may choose to apply for a UK visa. Perhaps they have a job opportunity or specific contract that they're interested in pursuing. Maybe they have family or friends in the UK that they want to visit. Or they may simply be drawn to the rich history and culture of the country. Whatever the reason, it's important to carefully consider the terms and limitations of the visa before applying, to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience in the UK. We'd be happy to help you with your task at UK Visas. Just let us know what you need, and we'll provide the assistance you require.