The Turkish Businessperson Visa is for Turkish nationals who are keen on either starting a new business in the UK or aiding in the operation of an existing one. With the increasing number of Turkish nationals travelling to the UK, the British government has streamlined the process to facilitate their stay, especially for business purposes.
To be eligible for the Turkish Businessperson Visa, applicants must:
- Be a citizen of Turkey.
- Not have violated UK immigration regulations.
- Show genuine intent to establish a successful business in the UK.
- Demonstrate a clear business plan and the willingness to execute it.
- Have the necessary skills and knowledge to establish a profitable business in the UK.
- Have sufficient funds to invest in the business.
- Ensure that their role in the business does not equate to disguised employment.
- Be able to support themselves and their dependents without needing financial aid from the UK government or another job.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the application process?
Visa Applicants can choose to apply online or download the application form and submit it by post. They can also apply in person at the UK embassy or high commission in their city. While there is no application fee for the Turkish Businessperson visa, applicants must ensure they meet all the requirements before applying.
How long is the visa valid for?
The Turkish Businessperson Visa is valid for 12 months. If the business is not concluded within this period, visa holders must renew their visa before its expiration. They can request a visa extension of 3 years after the initial validity. To extend the visa, the business's ongoing operation in the UK must be demonstrated. If it is a joint business, both partners must be able to cover the operational costs. The profit from the business should be sufficient to support the visa holder and their dependents in the UK.
Can dependents accompany you?
Applicants can include their spouse, civil partner, unmarried partner, and children under twenty-one as dependents. However, they must prove that they can financially support these dependents without the need for additional employment.
Why Choose UK Visas?
UK Visas provides a comprehensive Skilled Worker Visa Service. Whether you are arranging sponsorship for the first time, or need ongoing support for your recruitment requirements, the rules and regulations can seem overwhelming.
As UK Visa experts, we steer thousands of companies through the licence process. We will support your application so you can rest assured your experience will be as stress-free as possible.