You must inform the Home Office within 10 working days about the following:
1. If your sponsored migrant does not turn up to work on their first day. You must report the reason, for example, sickness, or a missed flight.
2. If your sponsored migrant worker is absent from their job for more than 10 consecutive working days without your permission. Your report must be made within 10 working days of the 10th day of their absence.
3. If a sponsored migrant’s employment ceases earlier than originally intended. You must report their last address and contact number, as well as the name of their new employer, if appropriate.
4. If your migrant worker’s visa status changes, but they are going to carry on working for you (for instance, if they switch to a partner visa from their original Tier 2 sponsored status).
5. If there are significant changes in the particulars of your sponsored migrant’s job. For example, they gain a promotion; take maternity or adoption leave; change their job title; or their salary becomes markedly different from the level that was set on their Certificate of Sponsorship.
6. If the sponsored migrant’s job location changes. For instance, they continue to work for you but are on secondment to a different branch of your business.
7. If your sponsored migrant worker breaks the condition of their leave to remain in the UK for whatever reason.
In addition, you must also inform the Home Office about the following changes to your company’s role as registered sponsor:
1. If you sell all or part of your business, are involved in a takeover or merger or stop trading altogether.
2. If you have used the services of any third party or intermediary to help you recruit your migrant staff, whether in the UK or abroad.
3. Any personal differences to your licence, for instance, a change in address, or in the name of the key contact or authorisation officer.
Our dedicated team of UK immigration specialists will ensure that you maintain ongoing compliance. Should we identify any issues in regard to non-compliance, our staff will work with you to improve your processes. For more information on how we can support you, contact us.